The Holy Scriptures
We believe that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally and plenary inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are inerrant, infallible, and God-breathed, and therefore are the final authority for all matters of faith and practice. The sixty-six books of the Old and New Testament are the complete and divine revelation of God to man. As for our church and all who preach and teach from its pulpit, we choose to use the Authorized Version of the Scriptures known as the King James Version (1611). The Authorized Version has been chosen for its poetic language and the reliable manuscript evidence which substantiates the authenticity and accuracy of this most beloved translation.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 • 2 Peter 1:20-21
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a Virgin in order that he might reveal God and redeem sinful men.
Isa 7:14; 9:6 • Luke 1:35 • John 1:1-3, 14 • 2 Cor 5:19-21 • Gal 4:4-5 • Phil 2:5-8
1. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished the work of redemption through His willful death upon Calvary’s Cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice. Our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead.
Acts 2:18-36 • Rom 3:24-25 • 1 Peter 2:24 • Eph 1:7 • 1 Peter 1:3-5
2. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Intercessor and Advocate.
Acts 1:9-10 • Heb 9:24; 7:25 • Rom 8:34 • 1 John 2:1-2
The Total Depravity of Man
We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam’s sin, the human race fell, inherited sinful nature, and became alienated from God; and, that man is totally depraved, and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his/her lost condition.
Gen 1:26-27 • Rom 3:22-23; 5:12; 6:23 • Eph 2:1-3; 4:17-19
We believe that salvation is the free gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
I John 1:12; 2:8-10 • I Peter 1:18-1
We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God’s power and are thus secure in Christ forever.
John 6:37-40; 10:27-30 • Rom 8:1; 38-39 • I Cor 1:4-8 • I Peter 1:4-5
The Person & Work of the Holy Spirit
1. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, and righteousness, and of judgments; and that he is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption.
John 16:8-11 • Rom 8:9 • I Cor 12:12-14 • II Cor 3:6 • Eph1:13-14
2. We believe that He is the Divine Teacher who assists believers to understand and appropriate the Scriptures and that it is the privilege and duty of all the saved to be filled with the Spirit.
Eph 1:17-18; 5:18 • I John 2:20, 27
3. We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowal of Spiritual gifts to every believer. God, through His Holy Spirit, uniquely uses evangelists, pastors, and teachers to equip believers in order to fulfill the work of the ministry.
Rom 12:3-8 • I Cor 12:4-11 • Eph 4:7-12
4. We believe that the modern reliance on the sign gifts of healing is contrary to the panoply of Scripture. We believe that the miracle of speaking in tongues was used by God as a sign for the Jew and the Jewish nation and are known languages not corporate babbling. It is also not a sign of the infilling of the Holy Spirit or “second blessing”. We also believe that ultimate deliverance of the body from sickness and death awaits the consummation of our salvation in the resurrection, though God frequently chooses to answer prayers for physical healing.
I Cor 1:22; 13:18; 14:21-22 • Acts 2
1. We believe that the local church, which is the body and the espoused bride of Christ, is solely made up of born-again persons.
I Cor 12:12-14 • II Cor 11:2 • Eph 1:22-23; 5:25-27
2. We believe that the establishment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures.
Acts 14:27; 29:17; 28-32 • I Tim 3:1-3 • Titus 1:5-11
3. We believe in the absolute autonomy of the local church free of any external authority and control.
Acts 13:1-4; 15:19-31; 20-28 • Rom 16:1 • I Cor 3:9 • I Peter 5:1-4
4. We believe that all individuals that express interest in membership must have had been baptized (immersion) by a local body of like faith and practice or by the local church he/she wishes to join.
Matt 28:19-20 • Acts 2:41-42; 18:18 • I Cor 11:23-26
5. We believe that the Lord’s Supper is to be recognized by saved born-again believers administered by a local New Testament Church. We shall recognize the Lord’s Supper as Close and not as Closed.
Ex 12 • I Cor 11:23-26
We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Saviour and Lord; and, that separation from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful pleasures, practices, and associations is commanded of God.
Rom 12:1-2; 14:13 • II Cor 6:14-17 • II Tim 3:1-5 • I John 2:15-17 • II John 9-11
The 2nd Advent of Christ
We believe that “blessed hope”, the personal, imminent return of Christ who will rapture His church prior to Daniel’s Seventieth Week (Tribulation). At the end of the Tribulation, Christ will personally and visibly return with His saints, to establish His earthly Messianic Kingdom, which was promised to the nation of Israel.
Ps 89:3-4 • Dan 2:31-45 • Zech 14:4-11 • I Thess 1:10 • Titus 2:13 • Rev 3:10; 19:11-16; 20:1-6
The Eternal State
We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to eternal judgment and everlasting punishment.
Matt 25:46 • John 5:28; 11:254-26 • Rev 20:5-6
We believe that God created the cosmos (Universe) in six literal, 24-hour periods. We reject the teaching of evolution, the Gap Theory, the Day-Age Theory, and all forms of Theistic evolution as unscriptural theories of origin.
Gen 1-2 • Ex 20:11
The Personality of Satan
We believe that Satan is a person, the author of sin and the cause of the Fall of Man; that he is the open and declared enemy of God and man; and, that he shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire.
Job 1:6-7 • Isa 14:12-17 • Matt 4:2-11 • Rev 20:10
We believe that God has commanded that no intimate activity be engaged in outside of marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, beastiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God's gift of sex.
Gen 2:24; 19:5-13 • Lev 18:1-30 • Rom 1:26-29 • 1 Cor 5:1; 6:9 • 1 Thess 4:1-8 • Heb 13:4
We believe that human life begins at conception and that the unborn child is a living human being. Abortion constitutes the unjustified, unexcused taking of unborn human life. Abortion is murder. We reject any teaching that abortions of pregnancies due to rape, birth defects, gender selection, birth of population control, or the mental well being of the mother are acceptable.
Job 3:16 • Ps 51:5; 139:14-16 • Isa 44:24; 49:5 • Jer 1:5; 20:15-18 • Luke 1:44
We believe that God has given the church a great commission to proclaim the Gospel to all nations so that there might be a great multitude from every nation, tribe, ethnic group, and language group who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. We also believe that those who cannot go to a foreign field should give financially, as the Lord leads, to the mission’s endeavors of his/her local church.
Matt 28:19-20 • Mark 16:15 • Luke 24:46-48 • John 20:21 • Acts 1:8 • II Cor 5:20